Saturday 2 October 2010

Carrying on the Thanksgiving-with-a-twist theme: Pecan Pie Muffins!

Pin It

These little babies are the business.  For serious. 


I was never really a pecan pie gal.  I was much more about the pumpkin (as I would think might be obvious from the wealth of pumpkin-related posts on this site (and there are more to come!)).*  Pecan pie was just a tad too rich and sweet for my tastes, not that that stopped me from eating it.  I just didn't eat as much of it...

But now that I've found a way to get that rich, buttery, sweet pecan pie flavor in a bite-sized, less gooey, less wallop-packing sort of way?  Oh, man.  Pecans of London, hide your children.  It's on.


Basically, these are a ridiculously easy, extremely tasty cheat: not quite pecan pie, but close enough.  And anyway, who doesn't love the portability of a muffin?  Lord knows the bf ate a lot more of these than he did the slightly messy, have-to-be-refrigerated raspberry bars I made last week.  Wonder if convenience had anything to do with that?

My tiny 'pie' cooling on our balcony ledge.

To sum up: make these now.  You know you have the ingredients languishing in your cupboard/fridge, and you know you want a crispy-edged, buttery bite of pure pecan (or walnut, if that's what you've got and you haven't recently discovered you're more allergic than you thought) goodness.  Amen.


*and yes, I did just do a double parenthetical aside.  Judges, the scores please?

Pecan Pie Muffins
     adapted from Pennies on a platter

Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Lightly grease muffin cups and set aside.

Mix in a bowl:
      1 cup light brown sugar
      1 cup pecans, chopped
      1/2 cup flour
      2/3 cup (150g) butter, melted
      2 eggs, beaten

Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.  The edges should be crispy. Remove the muffins and cool completely on a wire rack.


1 comment:

I love hearing from you guys, so if you have a question or a comment, or even just a random outburst like OMNOMNOM, please post it here!