Wednesday 6 October 2010

This should be illegal...

Pin It Seriously?  This is just wrong.


See, what we're talking about here are cookies.  That taste like brownies.  But with chewy edges and cakey centers.  And this is the really naughty bit: they're cookies, so they're really easy (like, wayyyy too easy) to just pick up and pop in your mouth.

This is some dangerous genius we're dealing with here, folks.



The evil begins with melted chocolate and butter.  Then there's sugar and eggs, and some flour and other dry stuff.  And then there's this:


Chewy/flaky AND soft/cakey at the same time!


Seriously evil.  Wrong and bad and all sorts of sadistic.


Not that that will stop me from eating them all, of course.

Brownie Cookies
     From Tasty Kitchen

Melt, then remove from heat to cool:
     1/4 c (56g) butter
     1 1/2 c chocolate chips

Combine:
     3/4 c sugar
     3 eggs
     1 tsp vanilla

Add chocolate mix, then add:
     1 c flour
     1/4 tsp baking powder
     1/4 tsp salt

Refrigerate 1 hour, or until manageable.

Preheat oven to 325F/160C.  Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking sheets, then drop dough in small tablespoons, making sure to leave at least 2" between cookies (they will spread, like whoa).  Bake 12 minutes. 



4 comments:

  1. These look completely delicious - love the photos and laughed at your writing. You're too funny! I can't wait to veganize these cookies and make them for my family. Thanks much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marly,
    I'm so glad you like the blog! Let me know how the cookies turn out, and if you blog about the veganized version let me know and I'll update the post with a link!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously can't believe you haven't gotten more comments on this. This is a crazy recipe. A recipe to wonder at. It's gorgeous. Lol. Thank you for inspiring me and my broken finger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    I totally agree, they're insane. I'm glad you're going to try them! I hope they're good enough to soothe your broken-finger pain :(
    ~A

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys, so if you have a question or a comment, or even just a random outburst like OMNOMNOM, please post it here!