Tuesday 29 March 2011

Is there anything cinnamon doesn't improve? Chocolate-Chip-Cinnamon-Sugar Cookie Bars

Pin It

Sometimes, I'm hit with a stroke of genius.

And then, more often than not, I fail to execute my genius perfectly...and my fabulous idea turns out...not as fabulous as I'd envisioned.

BUT, sometimes, even though it's not what I expected, it's still delicious, if crumbly/messy, and the bf still eats it all.  This was one of those times, and thank goodness for that because wasted chocolate chip cookie dough is a travesty.


So, ok, this is admittedly a highly unphotogenic result.  But if only I could photograph the flavors... Chocolate chips, buttery cookieness, and a crunch of cinnamony goodness on top... well, here, this might give you a good idea:


Basically, pretty or not, these cookie bar things were pretty darned tasty.  But next time I think I'll spread them thinner and cook them for less time, because softer/ easier to eat can't be bad (except for my waistline).  There will be a next time, though, and isn't that the point of these experiments?

Recipe-ish:

Preheat oven to 350.  

Spread one recipe's worth of chocolate chip cookie dough (I used the one on the TJ's chocolate chips package, but I have another one here for you) into a greased (I didn't, and that was dumb) 8x8 pan.  

In a cup, combine some granulated sugar (I'd say 1/4 - 1/2 cup, depending on your crunchiness preferences) with a hefty dose of cinnamon, and sprinkle that goodness allllll over the dough.  

Bake for 20-30 minutes, until top is firm to the touch.  Don't use the toothpick method unless you want to overbake your bars like I did.  Try to let them cool before cutting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys, so if you have a question or a comment, or even just a random outburst like OMNOMNOM, please post it here!